About the Instructor
The D’Arienzo Psychological Group was established in 2008 by Dr. Justin D’Arienzo, a Board Certified Clinical Psychologist. Dr. D’Arienzo is well-trained and highly regarded due to his consistent commitment to exceeding the professional standards set forth by the American Psychological Association and other affiliated organizations. Dr. D’Arienzo uses his unique qualifications, life experiences, specialized training, and passion for helping others in order to provide extraordinary services in couples counseling, marriage counseling, forensic evaluations, individual counseling, adolescent therapy, and life coaching.
- 2004 Nova Southeastern University, Psy.D. Clinical Psychology: Summa Cum Laude
- 2001 Nova Southeastern University, M.S. Clinical Psychology: Summa Cum Laude
- 1997 University of North Florida, B.A. Psychology: Summa Cum Laude
- 1993 Furman University (1991-1993)
Certifications / Specialized Training
- Advanced Training in Social Investigations/Custody Evaluations (American Board of Forensic Psychology)
- Florida Psychological Forensic Examiner
- Board Certification (ABPP Diplomate, Clinical Psychology) and Fellow in Clinical Psychology
- Gottman Couples Therapy Training
- Parenting Coordination Certification
- Certified Florida Supreme Court Family Mediator
- Military Psychology
- 2003-2008 Commissioned as Active Duty Lieutenant and Clinical Psychologist in the U.S. Navy
- Staff Psychologist at Navy Hospitals in Portsmouth, VA & Pensacola, FL
- Global War on Terrorism Detainee Psychologist and Director of Psychological Services, Joint Task Force, Guantanamo Bay, Cuba
- Head of Behavioral Health Clinic, NAS Pensacola, FL
- Operational Psychologist and Director of Mental Health for USS KITTY HAWK Carrier Strike Group and Air Wing, forward deployed to Yokosuka, Japan
- Head of Substance Abuse Rehabilitation Program for USS KITTY HAWK Carrier Strike Group and Air Wing, forward deployed to Yokosuka, Japan
Additional Professional Experience
- 2008-Present: Clinical and Forensic Psychologist at D’Arienzo Psychological Group, Jacksonville, FL
- 2008-2008: Brooks Rehabilitation Hospital, Brain Injury Unit (Neuropsychology), Jacksonville, FL
- 2006-2008: Associate Psychology Professor, Central Texas College
- 2002-2003: Psychometrician, Broward Psychological Associates, Inc., Hollywood, FL
- 2001-2002: Practicum, VA Medical Center, Acute Psychiatric and Spinal Cord Injury Units, Miami, FL
- 2000-2001: Practicum, Guided Self Change, Fort Lauderdale, FL
- 2000-2001: Therapist, One Stop Program, Conte Correctional Facility, Pompano, FL
- 1997-1999: Counselor, Gateway Community Services, Jacksonville, FL
Presentations and Recognition
D’Arienzo, J. A., (2017), Post traumatic stress disorder with combat veterans using cognitive behavioral therapy. In S.S. Fehr (2ndEd), 101 Interventions in Group Therapy. New York: Routledge Press.
Featured Psychologist on T.D. Jakes Show, Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN). Digital Kidnapping and Internet Safety, October 2016.
Featured Psychologist on The Buzz, Psychological Health, September 2016
“The Science Behind Building Strong, Confident, and Resilient Children. The Truth About Grit” Parent Association Annual Seminar, San Jose Episcopal Day School, October 4, 2016
“The New Premise of 50/50: Should You Really Split the Baby?” American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (AAML) Webinar Presenters: Elisha Roy, Esq., with Dr. Deborah Day and Dr. Justin D’Arienzo. Thursday, September 15, 2016.
“Relocation Evaluations.” Jacksonville Bar Association Family Law Seminar 2016, September 15, 2016.
“Myers-Briggs Team Building Seminar.” Teachers and Staff, San Jose Episcopal Day School, June 1, 2016.
“The Other Story of Domestic Violence. Abusive Women and the Men That Love Them.” Lunch-N-Learn seminar for family lawyers CLE event in Jacksonville, Florida. April, 12, 2016.